Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Knit bits

There are several things I’ve been meaning to post but haven’t.

Did I mention my attempt to kill Shelley resulted in my winning a fabulous bag?


How about this great hat I was given, meant for the daughter of Colorcrazed?

Also, a few weeks ago, what I thought was a weed turned out to be the resurrection of the daffodils my DH gave me for Easter last year. That’s a nice opening to spring, yes?

Last Saturday, I went to the Tulsa Knitters yarn swap. I came with the only yarn with which I was willing to part, two skeins of acrylic ladder yarn from Hobby Lobby, originally meant for Guck’s scarf. (I know. Acrylic ladder is crap. But I don’t buy yarn without a project in mind. So I don’t have any I’m willing to swap.) Regardless, I left with several skeins of fabulous yarn, due to the kindness of the Tulsa Knitters.

Colorcrazed gave me some fall-colored sock yarn, reminiscent of the socks she was knitting when we met, and some fabulous Koi in a Blender by Tempted. That’s destined to be Florida Gators socks for my dad.

La Ninja gave me a gorgeous skein of yellow/purple/orange sock yarn – really sweet of her, no?

And KnitterforPeace, bless her, swapped me for my ugly yarn. In return I got a blue/purple furry blend and a big beautiful pile of purple worsted weight wool. ThePatternWhisperer, a very nice woman from Texas, helped me untangle it. Incidentally, she and her husband make things grow.
And...our geese had babies. Momma Goose's craned neck in this photo was her in attack-mode -- for me. So although there were several more adorable baby geese, this is the best photo I could get.

Click on the photo for a close-up. You'll notice the baby wing-nibblets.

2 comments:

Logan said...

Awwww they're so cute!

I remember once when I was little, I was feeding a family of geese at a pond, and the babies were really cute. So I just picked one up. The mother went nuts and attacked me. It was really funny.

KnottyLady said...

When Geese Attack! We could make a Discovery Channel documentary. You could be the Steve Irwin-type.