Sunday, October 23, 2011

I buy too much junk from Target

Martha Stewart did mummy cupcakes a few years ago and they looked marvelous (don't expect a link, I'm too lazy to look it up right now). So these were inspired by those. I found the candy eyes two years ago* at Target but discovered that having a three-week-old was not conducive to baking. Or eating. Or sleeping.

We are scarrrrrrrrrry. Because we will stain everything we come in contact with.
Yes, they are red velvet. No, I did not make them from scratch -- it's a box mix. Yes, I know how to make them from scratch. No, it's not worth it, especially when the designated House Cupcake Eater generally licks off the frosting and declares the item "Done!"

*Don't you dare judge me for using two-year old candy eyes. If you're stomach is strong enough to eat straight sugar, I'm sure you've built up an immunity to whatever is NOT growing on these.

No comments: