Thursday, October 27, 2011

In which I watch too much TV

I distinctly remember a co-worker's comment about my husband and I going on dates. Eight years ago this web editor said "You guys still go on dates? That'll end as soon as you have kids." I said nothing but gave him a poor-little-you smile with a condescending head-tilt. Because we would never be that boring. We had parties. And shows. And wine bars. And social lives. And yet, that statement stuck in my head. And has come back to haunt me all these years later.

Now that Wednesday is Psych Night. Thursday is Vampire Diaries Night. Friday is Grimm Night. Saturday is Doctor Who Night. Sunday is Walking Dead Night. And Monday is Castle Night and now, also Once Upon a Time Night. But here's the upside. People always ask me how I find time to knit. The answer is I knit while I watch TV, when I'm too tired to do much else anyway and I'm sort-of spending time with my husband who is parked in the armchair grading papers, talking to himself and occasionally asking what dessert might be. So it's couple-time. Sort of.

So now that I've made my excuse for the me-shaped dent in the sofa, have you seen Once Upon a Time? I was prepared to hate it because Precinct 17 wasn't picked up and I'm irrational like that. But it was so cute in a Pushing-Daisies-meets-Princess-Bride way. Let's hope more in a Princess Bride way since Pushing Daisies met an unceremonious and quick ending. Which I am still bitter about, ABC. Don't think I've forgiven you.

My fear is that since it comes from the people who brought you Lost, OUAT will drop seemingly meaningful clues and half-revelations season after season that amount to nothing but They're All Dead (sorry for no spoiler warning but if you haven't seen Lost, now you won't have to waste your time).

You may have noticed Tuesday is missing. Tuesday is with Sunday's underwear. Because of God.*

*According to Meg Ryan.

1 comment:

mawee said...

I'm totally addicted to Once Upon a Time, Grimm, and Castle. Thank God for Roku!