Tuesday, November 6, 2007

If you could explain this to me, I would be most grateful


Another email:

If you could, explain this to me, I would be most grateful ;)


SIZE: One Size
9 x 68 in. [23 x 173 cm]


NOTE: EVERY ROW OF ENTIRE SCARF PATTERN BEGINS AND ENDS WITH A KNIT 4, TO CREATE GARTER STITCH BORDER.

Sugar Cubes (multiple of 8 sts)
Row 1 (RS): Knit. ≤------ what does RS mean?
Row 2: *P6, k2; rep from * across.
Row 3: K the k sts and p the p sts. <----- I don't know what this means
Row 4: Purl.
Row 5: Knit.
Row 6: P2, *k2, p6; rep from * to last 6 sts, k2, p4. <----- not sure here either ;)


Answer:
RS= Right Side, i.e. the side that will have the pattern showing on it. On the scarf you made, both sides are the right side, but on some patterns, there is a Wrong Side and a Right side (like for a sweater, the inside is the Wrong Side).

Row 3: K the k sts and p the p s =

Knit the Knit stitches and Purl the Purl stitches. (from the previous row)

No comments: