Friday, November 7, 2008

We met Neil Armstrong! Neil. Freaking. Armstrong.

Here's a picture. On the left, Matt, the Assistant Planetarium Director. Next to Matt is me. On the far right is my husband, the TASM Planetarium Director. And in between us is NEIL ARMSTRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is truly as nice as everyone says he is. Who chatted with me several times and patted me on the shoulder in a kind grandfatherly way. And who, when I told him I worked with children and would he please give me a message for them said:

"Working with children? First, I am sure what you are doing is important, so thank you. Tell them I said never cease, never stop, in your quest to learn more and in your quest to be more."

So there you have it. I have a direct quote from Neil First Man on the Moon Armstrong.

1 comment: